How Did I Get Rid Of My Eczema


Are you in life-long search how to get rid of your eczema? If you’re like me who was suffering from eczema ever since childhood and looking for effective ways to put an end to it, let me tell you my story how I was plagued and dealt with it.

Here’s my story

I was then 9 years old when I was diagnosed with atopic eczema on my arm.  Because of the visibility of the problem, I became reclusive and rarely leaving the confines of my home. My self-confidence suffered. I didn’t want to take part on school sports. I could no longer tolerate the public situation and even avoided my closest friends at school because my skin. I lost quality of life.

In order to deal with it, I hid my eczema by wearing long-sleeve shirts. It worked! But I cannot deny the fact that problem is still there. At night, intense itchiness plagued me! Scratching and rubbing just made it worst! The area became inflamed and reddish. My mother became very concerned about my condition, she brought me to a dermatologist. The doctor told that some triggers can cause eczema. He then point out the shirt I was wearing, it was a type of wool. We did not know that wool could be the culprit. He also asked my mother, if I was taking dairy products – yes, I was drinking milk every morning. Whoa! I didn’t know that I was allergic to milk.  It didn’t take long for the doctor to identify what caused it. We were also told how to deal with intense itchiness. I started taking a bath before going to bed using lukewarm water, this prevent the skin to dry. Moisturizing the affected area with cream like Vaseline and Aquaphor relieves the itchiness. Antihistamines also helped to reduce the severe itchiness at night (this is when itching is more intense).

Dealing with Intense Itchiness

If my eczema feels very itchy, I don’t scratch. I can damage my skin, make the itch even worse, and bring on infection. I was told about these tricks:
  • Wrap with cool compress. A bit of a chill is more likely to soothe your itchiness than a hot bath, which can make the irritation worse.
  • Rub on an ice cube. Besides bringing cooling relief to the area, an ice cube has little chance of scratching and damaging your skin.
  • Take the vinegar cure. Cover your dry itchy area with a cloth soaked in vinegar. Leave it on for about 20 minutes to kill bacteria and help moisturize your skin. Or add anywhere from two tablespoon of two cups of vinegar to your bath for the same effect.


The doctor’s advice is a great education for us. We were able to get rid of the foods and triggers that caused eczema. My eczema healed slowly.

How I Prevented my Eczema from Worsening

Teaching yourself should include information about the disease, prescribed medications, and the following instructions:
  1. Take a relaxing, warm bath for 15 to 20 minutes; gently pat away excess water and immediately apply a moisturizer. Reapply moisturizers throughout the day when skin is dry.
  2. Use wet wraps in place of tub soaking if desired; wraps permit evaporation which cool the skin, thus decreasing pruritus or severe itching.
  3.  Apply topical medication in a thin layer and rub in well.
  4. Avoid wool, fur, or rough fibers against the skin; they act as irritants and cause itching.
  5. Avoid overheating, which increases sweating, leading to itching. Wear loose, light clothing in hot weather. Air conditioning promotes comfort.
  6.  Avoid sunburn; wear a sunscreen with a minimum sun protection factor of 15.
  7. Use only gentle cleanser and soaplike products.
  8.  Avoid excessive cold, which dries the skin.
  9. Wash all new garments before wearing to remove potentially irritating chemicals.

Eczema just keeps on reappearing

And I thought that was the end of it… It keeps on coming back during my teen-hood years. I tried everything back then, but my eczema continued to reappear. The only relief I am getting is by using topical steroids and antihistamine over and over again. It was a vicious cycle without lasting cure.

Taking Vitamin E… the solution in getting rid of eczema?

When I was 17, I heard people taking Vitamin E in getting rid of eczema. I realized results reported with Vitamin E by individuals cannot be counted because they are neither scientific nor controlled, but I still would like to state that I have had success with Vitamin E in treating eczema on my arm. The doctor had explained that there was no satisfactory treatment except a cortisone injection every four or five weeks, and there was no cure. I began taking 300 I.U daily of vitamin E tablets and healing took place in a few days. I have subsequently increased dose of 300 I.U has been satisfactory. Though, Vitamin E gave me long relief, until a year after, again, I again started noticing symptoms.

I found a long-term solution that put an end to my suffering!

I am now 20 years old. One of my friends, who was also an eczema sufferer, recommends this {system}. I started the treatment process and in day 7, my eczema started disappearing. In day 10, I noticed softness on the affected part and itchiness subsided. And in day 13, the skin started glowing.

I never had symptoms of eczema for more than a year now - a big relief. The positive result is long-lasting.  The treatment I learned from the system is continuing, I am very happy with it. For the first time in many years, I felt real sense of confidence.

How to get rid of eczema fast

[link to affiliate program]
If I had this when I was a child or if my mother gotten hold of this solution, my eczema would have been get rid of years ago.

(some introductory words about the products to promote.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment